You can search for the latest games, purchase them online, download and even install them on your device with the Valve’s Steam gaming platform. It is a great way of game distribution and a way to combine all your purchased games while assisting you to manage them. However, there will be a point when there is less storage space in your computer device.
This is where uninstalling the games become important. If you are having insufficient storage space for the Steam games then you must delete the games which you are not playing. This article will make you understand the steps which will help you to uninstall Steam Games from the Steam Library.
How can you uninstall Steam games through your Steam Library?
Steam is one –stop shop solution for all your gaming needs, which also provides you the easy to follow instructions by which you can uninstall the games. Follow the steps mentioned below to do the same:-
- The first step is to launch the ‘Steam’ application.
- Now, go to the ‘Library’ and then click on the ‘Games’.
- You have to right-click on the game which you wish to uninstall
- Select and click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Delete’ option to confirm.
- Remember, following these steps will let you delete the game from your computer. However, it will still remain in the Steam account, but you can reinstall when you need to play it.
How can you uninstall Steam Games through Windows?
You can also uninstall Steam Games through Windows Add or Remove Program tools. The steps to uninstall Steam Games through Windows tools are mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you need to press the ‘Win’ key and then type ‘Add or Remove Programs.
- Now, launch the tools.
- In this step, you have to scroll down and then search for the game which you want to uninstall.
- Now, click on the game, which is chosen to be Uninstalled and then click on the ‘Uninstall’ option.
- Follow the instructions, which are visible on the screen to complete the uninstallation process
Steps to remove hidden game files to ensure complete removal of program
There are times when certain content from the uninstalled games might not be removed completely during the uninstallation process. Generally, these leftover contents are not that huge and do not make much difference in creating sufficient storage space, but if you still want to uninstall the game completely from your device, then you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Visit the ‘Steam games’ folder on your computer.
- Click on open ‘Steam apps and then click on the ‘common’ option.
- Click on the folder to open it and then click on the ‘Delete’ option.
- Wait for the uninstalling process to complete.
- You have completely uninstalled THE Steam games from your computing device.
How can you reinstall Steam games on your device?
Once you have uninstalled the game from your device, it can be reinstalled by following the simple steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you have to launch the ‘Steam’ gaming app.
- Now, click on the ‘Library’ and then click and open the ‘Games’ option.
- Select the games you want to reinstall.
- Now, click on the ‘Install’ option.
- In this step, you have to choose your install settings and then click on the ‘Next’ option.
- Wait for the game to get reinstalled.
With the help of steps mentioned above, you can uninstall Steam Games completely from your device. In case, you are still unable to uninstall Steam games, then you can visit its official website and get more information about the same.
Read the related Article – Uninstall Steam – How To’s – Knowledge Base – Steam Support