McAfee, the global leader in internet security and software domain, delivers the all-new ways to protect the computer systems, laptops, tablets, and mobile phones. It also renders top-notch security solutions to ensure the complete privacy of the network these devices are connected to.
This internet security product offered by the American global computer security software company is available for Windows and Mac both the devices. If you are using the one for your Mac device and want to upgrade it to the latest version then you will have to first uninstall McAfee Internet Security, which is already installed on your device.
To do so, you can simply use McAfee Internet Security uninstaller or any of the below-mentioned solutions:
Uninstall McAfee Internet Security Via the Terminal
- Open the Terminal from the launchpad
- Log in to your Mac as Admin with this command:(Skip the step, if already logged in with the same)
- Login admin [name] [/name]
- In the next window, enter the following command:
(Please note- the selection of the command depends directly on the version of the Mcafee Internet Security you are using)
- McAfee v.4.8:
- sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/uninstall.sh
- McAfee v.5.x:
- sudo /Library/McAfee/cma/scripts/uninstall.sh
- Now, hit Enter
- Once the process to uninstall McAfee Internet Security finishes, reboot your MacAfee
McAfee uninstall Internet Security Via App Cleaner and Uninstaller
Application Cleaner and Uninstaller is mainly a removal tool for the applications installed on Mac. The tool helps in uninstalling the application completely and also in detecting its leftovers or residual files. Available as a free download in the store, App Cleaner and McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller also permits the users to operate various extensions. Follow the below-given steps to uninstall the MIS:
- Launch App Cleaner and Uninstaller
- Visit the Remains section
- Search for McAfee Internet Security leftovers or the residual files and remove them
Please note- that the McAfee Internet Security by default installs a Safari extension. To remove those extensions, simply visit the Extension section in the same interface and clear up all the extensions for Safari, if it shows any.
Uninstall McAfee Internet Security Via Dock
The simplest method to uninstall McAfee Internet Security is through the dock. Check out the steps:
- Search and open the Applications folder in the Dock
- Double-click the McAfee Internet Security uninstaller
- Hit Continue
- Enter your admin password and hit OK
- Click Finish!
Read McAfee community article – https://community.mcafee.com/t5/Mac-Products/How-to-Uninstall-McAfee-Internet-Security-from-a-Mac/