In this blog, we will take into consideration the steps to uninstall McAfee from Mac completely, since majorities of fresh subscribers are facing great troubles while uninstalling McAfee products.
Before we lay out the whole process to you, make sure to add a couple of things into consideration. Dragging and dropping your McAfee product in Trash files might not be enough to completely uninstall the program from your Mac. This practice works only with other applications on Mac because the application’ service file remains and takes up space on your hard drive. On the other hand, security application as McAfee may have processes working in the background.
There are several reasons that may push you to remove McAfee activate file from your Mac such as slow down PC, hanging issues, compromised security, incompatibility issues, conflicts with other program and many more. Due to which McAfee developers receive bulks of messages every day asking how to uninstall McAfee from Mac so there may no traces remain on Mac.
In reality, it is a daunting task because of some support files that were created to prevent complete removal of the program. For complex cases, the developers came up with McAfee removal tool. But don’t afraid because we are about to reveal to you a simple yet effective solution for McAfee uninstall on Mac.
Steps to uninstall McAfee via Terminal
McAfee official website (McAfee.com/activate) says that you can remove McAfee products by launching a unique command in the Terminal.
- Open the Terminal from the LaunchPad
- If you’ve signed in your McAfee account on your Mac by entering your username and password, then you must re-login the account as Admin.
- Now, type in the Window one of the following command, depending on what McAfee product or version you have installed.
- For McAfee v. 4.8:
- For McAfee v. 5.x:
- Hit the enter button
- Reboot your PC when the uninstall McAfee process is complete
If the above process did not work for you, you can try installing McAfee removal tool for Mac directly from the official website. Else, go ahead with the steps below.
Steps to uninstall McAfee via McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller
- Shut down all your browsers and tabs (Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox) while uninstalling McAfee to ensure the complete removal of the McAfee browser plug-in.
- Go to the Dock, locate and open the Applications folder.
- Click Twice the McAfee Internet Security Uninstaller
- Click “Continue”.
- Type your administrator password and click OK.
- Click Finish.
In the End,
You can also use “McAfee Product Removal Tool” (MPCR) to completely uninstall McAfee from your Mac. The steps are applicable for all the product of McAfee, so if you have been using a business version then you can uninstall enterprise McAfee on a Mac and so.