Being the leader in the market of security software McAfee antivirus security software provides you with a 360 view of preventing antivirus invasion in your devices. With McAfee activate, you will get a variety of products, which will protect your devices from online threats, hacking, cybercrime and from data loss. Security if your data and devices are at the propriety for McAfee. You can install and activate your McAfee product from the official website www.mcafee.com/activate. In order to perform a McAfee activate process for your devices, you have to purchase the desired product for your devices.
You can avail both “trial” and unpaid and “paid” versions of McAfee products via mcafee.com/activate. The “free trial” or “unpaid” version is only available for 30 days. The free trial version will remain active for 30 days, for which you will get a free McAfee activation code. In case you are purchasing the “paid” version of your product, you can extend your subscription and do the renewal either manually or by “auto-renewal services”.
Why do you need to uninstall McAfee Antivirus?
Many of you might look for the solution to uninstall McAfee, and its because the trial versions of McAfee products were preinstalled when you purchased the device, or maybe you want to uninstall McAfee antivirus and install another antivirus software product. Some of you might have also experienced situations wherein the internet access gets completely shut down. So to avoid such issues one is required to uninstall the antivirus and reinstall it again.
How to uninstall McAfee Antivirus?
In case, if you want to uninstall McAfee product you can follow the below mentioned steps:-
- On your windows start screen type “Programs and Features”.
- You have to locate the McAfee program from the list of programs. Select the McAfee program, which you wish to uninstall.
- Right-click the McAfee program and select uninstall.
- Select the “checkboxes” for those items, which you want to remove, now click on “Remove”.
Note: In case you are unable to perform the McAfee uninstall process, you can download and run the Mcafee removal tool.
How to uninstall McAfee from Amazon Fire Device?
If you want to uninstall McAfee from Amazon Fire Device, you can follow the below mentioned steps:-From Home window, tap Apps option
- Tap on the “Device” option, visible on the upper right corner of the screen. You can do this to see only those applications that are downloaded to your device.
- When you locate the application, you want to remove, press and hold the application until a check mark appears.
- Now tap on Remove option and then tap From Device option.
Note: If you remove a paid application from your device, you can download it again from the Cloud or from the Amazon app store on your device.
How to Fix Error: “Uninstall can’t continue”?
You may encounter errors when you uninstall McAfee. This error occurs due to the condition wherein the Management Engine Interface (MEI) drivers could be missing or damaged. To fix this you can download and reinstall the MEI drivers for your computer.
IMPORTANT: Always keep in mind that you use only the drivers, which are created and compatible with the make and model of your computer hardware. Visit the manufacturer’s website in order to find suitable drivers for your computing devices.
It is very essential to installation MEI if you want to uninstall McAfee. You have to keep the Prerequisites mentioned below to install MEI drivers:-
- The device should be on AC power.
- Only one user is logged on to the computing device.
- The logged in account has Administrator privileges.
- All other programs and files must be closed.
- Removal of the current drivers, if any.
Concluding this, you can say that although McAfee is the best antivirus to protect and secure your data and device. Like other antivirus, there is a need to uninstall McAfee. Suppose, your trial version has expired in that case you have to uninstall the trial version and reinstall the paid version. You can also uninstall McAfee from Amazon Fire Device. However, the most important thing to keep in mind is to install MEI drivers in case you face any error while uninstalling McAfee software.