The HP Support Assistant comes pre-installed in most of the HP desktops and notebooks. It provides you with easy to access support resources and tools for troubleshooting issues on HP PCs and printers. It automatically fixes your programs and other issues and optimises your system to help improve its performance. Besides its effective features, you may need to uninstall HP support assistant. The reasons for which could be diverse.
With HP Support Assistant you can easily manage your connected HP devices using the “My Devices” tab. To use HP Support assistant on your device, you just need to create a new ID or sign in with your existing ID. You can also add your other devices to keep track of the notifications and updates regarding your HP devices.
HP does not recommend you to uninstall HP Support Assistant in any case. If you still want to uninstall HP Support Assistant because it opens automatically and creates hindrance in your work, then its better you uninstall and reinstall it again. By doing this, you can prevent it from starting automatically or schedule the time for it to perform its tasks.After scheduling its task, if it is still creating trouble, then you may go for the below-mentioned steps to uninstall HP Support Assistant.
Steps to Uninstall HP Support Assistant from Windows 10
- Open your Windows and navigate to its search bar.
- From here search for and open “Uninstall” a program tab.
- Now you have to navigate to the “Programs and Features” section and select “HP Support Assistant”.
- In this step, click on the “Uninstall” option.
- To confirm your action to remove HP Support Assistant you need to click on the “Yes” button which is available on the “Programs and Features” screen.
- Lastly, restart your computer to finish the uninstalling process.
Workaround to fix HP support assistant uninstall error 1721
Try the workarounds given below if you are still unable to uninstall the program from your device. The workaround is also suitable to fix “error 1316 HP support assistant uninstall”.
Add Power Users
- In the first step, head to the cmd.exe file and right-click on it.
- Now you will be provided with the options, and here you have to choose the “Run as administrator” option. This will open the command-line session.
- Type “net localgroup” when prompted.
- In case you are unable to find “Power Users” in the list, then you may have to type “net localgroup “Power Users” /add.
Run the Fix It tool
- Firstly, you have to download the Microsoft Fix It tool from the official website.
- In this step, run the downloaded file. This will scan for the error and fix it automatically. The tool can take longer than usual to download and run.
After completing the uninstalling procedure, you should download and install HP Support Assistant if you want your HP devices to run smoothly. In the absence of HP Support Assistance, you may encounter troubles and won’t be able to fix it on your own.