Every Mac owner must have heard about Dropbox because it is a must to successfully run or accomplish everyday needs on Mac. The application helps users to synchronize their files available in the cloud storage. By doing this, the files stop appearing on your device simultaneously.
Sometimes, a user might need to uninstall Dropbox from their Mac because it is creating trouble in their work. There are many ways through which you can do the uninstalling task. The “How to uninstall Dropbox from Mac” guide on this page will help you to uninstall Dropbox without any further delay.
Before beginning the process to do it, there are certain points that need to be kept in mind. The first thing to remember is that the method of deleting and uninstalling an application from Mac is completely different. The second one is you can use CleanMyMac tool which has been made specifically for Mac users to remove or uninstall any program from their device.
How to Uninstall Dropbox from Mac?
There are 2 ways through which the task of uninstalling applications from Mac has been made easy and these are discussed below:
The process includes a few steps which need to be followed carefully in order to uninstall Dropbox:
- In the initial steps, you need to just click on the “Dropbox” icon which is available in the menu bar.
- Once you are redirected to a page, click on the gear (settings) icon.
- After this, you have to find the “Quit Dropbox” option and click on it.
- Now, drag it to the trash from your Applications folder and drop it there.
- This action will uninstall it from your Mac. (Note: for complete uninstallation of Dropbox, do not forget to empty the Recycle Bin).
Congratulations! You have uninstalled Dropbox successfully. One more thing that needs to be kept in mind is that by deleting applications and programs from your Mac, some remnants such as useless folders and files are left behind. That is why you are recommended to use the next method through which you can completely remove Dropbox from your Mac.
In this section of the article, you will get a complete walkthrough on how to uninstall Dropbox from Mac OS X. This product (CleanMyMac) will help you to do the uninstallation real quick and easy. For this purpose, you have to download it before you begin with the steps to uninstall Dropbox.
- After downloading the uninstaller (CleanMyMac), find it in the “applications” folder and tap to open it.
- Tap on the “Uninstaller” option which is visible in the “Menu” on left.
- Next, click on the “View All Applications”. This will display the list of all the apps that you have in your Mac.
- Look for the desired application such as Dropbox by scrolling down a little. You can also make use of the search box which is available in the top-right corner.
- Tap on “Dropbox” option and click “Uninstall” which is present in the center bottom.
- Once you are done, hit the “close” button to end the process.
In case you are unable to completely remove Dropbox from your Mac OS, you can either take it to the service center or ask for customer support.
Read Related Article from official Dropbox community.