In every workplace, there is a use of multiple printers that may require different drivers for the computer to communicate with the printer so that printing outputs can be derived. If your business involved the use of Mac computers the drivers remain on the OS, even if the printer is not in use or it is disconnected.
Well if that’s the case, then it is suggested that you should remove the printer from the computer’s list of Printers which helps you to eliminate confusion and clutter of having extra unwanted printers on the list. Sometimes, when you delete the Printer drivers, you still see that the driver visible on the list and it unnecessarily occupies your storage space. You need to manually uninstall and remove the driver so that it gets completely uninstalled from your device.
Sometimes the Mac Printer is not working properly and you cannot process the software updates we get from the driver. So, in such cases, you are required to uninstall the Mac printer driver completely.
How can you uninstall Mac printer driver completely?
There are some easy to follow steps that are mentioned below, which should be considered to uninstall the Mac printer drivers completely:-
- In the first step, you have to click on the “Apple” icon, that is visible on the top of the screen and then click on the “System Preferences” option.
- Now, you have to select the “Print& Scan” option, visible under the Hardware section. You will see a list of Printers and drivers that are already installed on your device is appearing on the left side of the “Print & Scan” Window.
- Click on the printer, which you want to remove from the computer.
- Now, you have to click on the “-” option, visible below the list of printers and then close the “Print & Scan” window.
- You have to click on the “Finder” icon, visible in the dock and then you have to select your hard drive, visible on the left side of the window.
- Now, you have to click and select the “Library,” “Printers,”, “PPDs,” “Contents,” and “Resources” options.
- Now, you have to click and then drag the name of your Printer’s model driver to the trash icon, visible on-screen.
- Select all the items present in the “Trash” icon and then click on the “Empty Trash” option.
- Wait for the drivers and the related content to get uninstalled and deleted from the Mac OS.
By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily uninstall the Mac printer driver completely. However, sometimes there is a need to have Printer drivers on your Mac after you delete them. So, you can reinstall the Mac Printer Drivers by following certain steps that are discussed ahead.
How can you reinstall Mac printer driver?
There are some easy to follow steps that are mentioned below, which should be considered to reinstall the Mac printer drivers:-
- You have to turn on your Mac computer and your printer and then you have to insert the setup Software guide CD.
- If you do not have the disc driver, that is expected to come with the Printer, then you need to visit the official website to access the manual.
- You have to type the name of your printer in the space provided and then you have to click on the “Go” option.
- In this step, you have to click on the “Drivers& Downloads” options.
- Now, scroll down and then select the driver for your device.
- You have to click on the “Download” option and then open each file after it is downloaded again on your Mac OS.
- Remember, you should log in to your Mac account as “Administrator”.
- If the installation does not start automatically, then you must click on the “Setup” icon as shown below.
- You have to double click on the icon and then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the reinstallation process.
Sometimes due to some improper functioning of Mac Printer drivers, you have to delete or uninstall them from your operating systems. The steps to uninstall and reinstall the Mac Printer drivers have been already discussed in the article above. If you face any issues related to Mac Printer drivers, then you should get in touch with Mac Customer Support, available on its official website.
Read Apple community discussion – How to uninstall printer drivers?