Norton antivirus software delivers all-round security to your digital devices whether it is connected to the internet or not. Most of the users have an assumption that only surfing the internet can cause security risks, but users who do not have access to the World Wide Web are also equally unsafe. It has become easier to breach data using external devices and therefore it mandatory to have active antivirus software on devices like computers or mobile phones.
Yet, users stuck with basic problems such as subscribing or installing Norton setup. If you are among users who face issues with pre-installed Norton setup, try to execute the process of Norton Uninstall. However, some of the errors need expert guidance else, they may turn out to be a crucial error. Some possible errors that could occur with Norton antivirus are mentioned below.
Norton Error you may face on your computer
- Unlicensed product or License revoked message
- Norton error message- Your subscription has expired
- Unable to activate the software
- An unknown error has occurred
- Norton is not scanning files
- Auto deleting files
- Unable to download/ install Norton setup
- Missing Norton icon
- Message- Your trial version has expired
- Norton server error is showing up and other errors
Are you facing a problem with Norton Antivirus?
If an unknown error has occurred with the Norton on your system and you are unaware of the next move to fix it, there are certain basic steps that can help you get rid of the problem. You can start by uninstalling the software from your computer.
Also, it is not necessary that the software will get removed completely when you follow manual steps, and hence, mentioned below are the steps that will help you uninstall your Norton product completely.
How to Uninstall Norton?
- Click on the Windows icon and press on Control Panel
- You will see a ‘Programs’ option, click on it and you will be directed to the page> click Programs & features> Uninstall a program, and here, you have the list of software installed on your computer
- Search for Norton in the list and click on it to uninstall
- Wait until it gets uninstalled completely
- If the software is not uninstalled completely, launch a web browser and go the Office Norton page
- Install Norton removal tool via – https://support.norton.com/sp/en/us/home/current/solutions/v60392881
- Launch the tool and uninstall Norton antivirus
Now you have uninstalled the software, you can easily install it on your computer without an error. Find the steps to reinstall the software on your Windows computer.
How do you reinstall Norton on your computer?
- Go to the official Norton website and login to your Norton account
- In case you are not an existing user, create an account and then find the product you have purchased.
- As you are directed to your subscribed product, click on the download button and download it
- Make sure your device is compatible with the product version and has enough storage space to avoid errors
- Now launch the downloaded folder and run Norton Setup
- Follow the instructions displayed in the screen
- Enter your Norton product key when required
- Finish the steps and wait as the process undergoes the installation
Make sure you do not close the installation window or shut down the system to avoid the further error. Next, restart your computer and once the software is installed, carry on the process for activating the software and scanning your computer. In a situation when you fail to download, install, or activate Norton setup, it is recommended to connect the official Norton customer support for an assured fix.