If you don’t want to upgrade from an existing Windows 10 installation on your PC, then you can visit Software Download Website to download official Windows 10 install media. You can download whatever version of Windows 10 is preferable as per your computing needs. Create your installation media using either a DVD or USB drive and perform a clean installation.
On Windows 10 PC, a clean installation is the finest option to remove everything from the internal hard drive. You can start a fresh to install Windows 10 new version to resolve any performance or other issues that your system is experiencing. It helps your PC to get rid of unwanted files, infected data and viruses’ altogether. If you’re planning to upgrade from an older edition of Windows 10 install, a clean installation from scratch will serve you with best available features to revitalize your Windows 10 install PC.
How to install Windows 10 – System specifications, versions and language
In this article, we will walk you through the steps to properly install Windows 10 version on your device:
How to install Windows 10 is not a complex process, although, it’s lengthy and includes a number of instructions you need to perform for a smooth and unhindered installation. Before we begin, we must ensure to perform these things for Windows 10 install.
- Back up your files and folders: While installing a new Windows 10 version on your PC, you’ll need to delete everything from your hard drive. So, it will be in your interest to back up your files and folders before launching the installation.
- Downloading essential device drivers: In case, your existing device drivers are undetected on your PC, then you will need to download and install the upgraded version of device drivers. These drivers include Graphics card, wireless, and Ethernet adaptor.
- Knowing Windows 10 system specifications: Make sure to meet all your system requirements to install Windows 10
- Checking Windows 10 activation: If your system is already running on Windows 10 (OS), you need not re-enter the product key during the setup. Windows 10 has a feature to re-activate automatically using the Internet connection.
- Getting Product Key: In case, you’re planning to install Windows 10 on a new device or Upgrade from an older version, you’ll need to purchase a valid product key from Microsoft Store.
- Configure correct boot order to make sure that your computer can start from a USB device. You need to ensure access to Basic Input/Output System (BIOS), or Unified Extensible Firmware Interface (UEFI) firmware on your motherboard to change the boot order of your device.
- Disconnect all non-essential peripheral such as portable drives, USB devices, SD cards, printers, scanners and others. All you need is monitor, keyboard, mouse and an active internet connection and save the settings.
Create Windows 10 Installation Media using a USB device
To get started, you will need to have a license to install Windows 10 on your device. Also, connect a USB bootable media drive with at least 8 GB of available drive space. You can then download and run the Microsoft Media Creation Tool.
- Start the Internet browser on your PC, go to the Microsoft Official Website and visit the “Windows 10 download page” – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
- Press the “Download Tool Now” tab
- Click “Save” to store the file on your system
- Click twice the downloaded file to run the “Media Creation Tool”
- Press the “Accept” tab to consent for the terms and conditions of the license agreement
- You will get the option to click on either “upgrade this PC now”, or “Create Installation Media (USB Flash Drive, DVD, or ISO file) for another PC option
- Press the “Next” Tab
- In case, you are downloading the files on the same device in which you plan to install Windows 10, then the tool will automatically detect the required configuration settings such as language, edition and architecture. If not, then clear the recommended option for this PC and select the correct settings to override the default settings.
- Press the “Next” button
- Select “USB Flash Drive” option
- Select the USB drive that you want to make bootable
- Click “Next”
- Click “Finish”
After you complete the procedure, you’ll be able to use the USB flash drive to install Windows 10 on your device.
How to Install Windows 10 on your PC?
Once the bootable media drive, in this case a USB flash Drive, is ready to use, then connect the USB drive and perform the steps for clean installation of Windows 10:
Note: This is the last reminder that once your launch the installation process, everything on your hard drive will be deleted. Make sure to back up all your data before you hit the button.
- For a clean installation of Windows 10 on your device, follow the steps:
- Connect your USB flash drive to your PC
- Click “Next” button on the “Windows Setup” wizard to launch the installation process
- Press “Install Now” tab at the center of the Windows Setup panel
- In case, you are installing a new version of Windows 10, or upgrading your older version, then you’ll need a genuine product key to continue. If you’re just reinstalling the older version assuming that your PC is already activated, then you can select “I don’t have a product key” option to continue.
- If prompted, then select the version of Windows 10 you want to install. Make sure that your selection matches your product key activates.
- Press “Next” button
- Tick the small box at the bottom left corner of the Windows Setup panel that says, “I accept the license terms” to consent for the end user license agreement.
- Press “Next” button
- Press the selection that says, “Custom: Install Windows only (Advance)”
- Select the partition drive with existing Windows 10 install and press “Delete” button to remove it from the hard drive
- Press “yes” to delete the partition
- Select the empty drive with unallocated space
- Click “Next” to launch the Windows 10 Setup