Norton Password Manager is software developed by Norton to help you store and manage your crucial data such as login credentials, financial details, etc. This Password Manager can be availed by visiting the website that goes by the URL www.norton.com/setup. The information is stored in a cloud-based vault. This vault can be accessed via your PC, laptops, tablets, and smartphones only if you have its password. This can also be accessed through Norton Password Manager website.
In addition to being a safe storehouse of your sensitive information, Password Manager Extension of Norton setup also does the things mentioned below:
- It helps to safeguard you from identity theft and suspicious websites whenever you make an online transaction.
- With the help of this password manager, you can easily pay the fee of the forms that you fill online.
- It securely forwards your data to other websites whenever you are on the move.
The mechanism to remove Password Manager from various platforms
Uninstall Norton password Manager from Google Chrome
- Open Google Chrome.
- Tap on the “settings” option that is visible on the Top-right corner of the screen.
- Now go to the “More Tools” option and tap on “Extensions”.
- In the resulting page, if the Password Manager is enabled, uncheck the enable box.
- This will temporarily disable the Norton Password Manager until you enable it again.
- Right click on the “Norton Password Manager” extension and tap “Uninstall” to permanently remove it from your web browser.
- Now, restart your Google Chrome.
Uninstall Norton password Manager from Add-ons page in Mozilla Firefox
- Tap open Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on the main menu of Firefox.
- Tap on the “Add-ons” option.
- Tap “Norton Password Manager” which is present under the “Extensions” tab.
- If the Password manager is grey out, it means it is disabled and if not, then uncheck the enable box.
- To completely remove the Password Manager from your web browser, right click on the “Norton Password Manager” option that you have availed by visiting the Norton setup
- Now, tap “Uninstall”. This action will completely remove it from your web browser.
- You can restart your Mozilla Firefox now.
Uninstall Norton password Manager from Extensions page in Safari
- Tap the “Safari” icon to open it.
- On its main menu, tap the “Safari” option.
- Tap on the “Extensions” option.
- On the left panel, if the Password Manager is enabled, uncheck the enable box
- Right click on the “Norton Password Manager” extension that you have downloaded via www.norton.com/setup and tap “Uninstall” to permanently remove it from Safari.
It is essential to have a Password Manager installed on your device because it will help you to fight against cyber crimes involved when you enter the web world. Uninstall Norton Password Manager only if it is creating hassle in your work or it is not working properly. You can report various issues and get solutions for these on Norton Support page.
Read Related Article – Delete your Norton Password Manager cloud vault