When you own a tablet, you download an app and then you find some other app better than that, so you decide to delete the previously downloaded app. Similarly, when you realize that you don’t need to have a bunch of apps on your Kindle Fire, which is unnecessarily wasting storage space, you need to find a solution to delete the apps.
Note: You cannot remove or uninstall the apps like Facebook, IMDB and others that came pre-installed with the Kindle Fire unless you completely uninstall Amazon account from Kindle Fire.
What can be the method by which you can uninstall your Amazon account?
There is an easy method available through which you can delete and uninstall Amazon account from Kindle Fire.
- Click on the ‘Apps’ option, visible on the home screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Device’ option.
- The list of apps that are preinstalled on your Kindle Fire is displayed on-screen.
- Now, tap and hold the “App” icon until you see the menu box appearing on-screen.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ option from the Device list.
- Screen will pop-up asking to verify the uninstallation of the app. You have to click on “OK” visible at the bottom of the screen.
- Once the app is uninstalled, you have to click on the “OK” option, present on the bottom of your screen.
- If you have added the apps to the “Favorites” list, then you can easily get rid of it by removing the icon from the home screen.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
Note: – If you are unable to uninstall Amazon account by following the steps mentioned above, then you can choose the “Root your Kindle Fire” option. In case you choose to restore it to factory default settings, then you need to download the apps again then keep the apps reserved in the cloud. You can download the apps again without making any further purchase for these apps.
How to recover Amazon account from kindle fire?
In case you have forgotten your password associated with Amazon account in Kindle Fire, then you can easily recover the credentials by requesting for a “Password Reset” link that will be sent on your email id, which is linked with your Amazon account. Follow easy steps mentioned below to recover Amazon account:-
- On the official website, click on the “Amazon Password Assistance” option.
- Before creating a new password the Kindle Fire will ask you to reconfirm the process to reset the password.
- Now, in this step, you have to click on the “Forgot your Password” option.
- Follow the instructions on-screen. You will be redirected to your email account.
- In the next step, you have to follow the instructions that are given in your email address.
- Wait for the Amazon account to recover.
Note:- If you have created the Amazon account via mobile number, then you will receive an SMS message along with the instructions in your email id.
How to remove your Amazon from kindle fire?
Those who own a Kindle Fire feel that adding an app to their Kindle Fire is a quite impressive thing to do. However, they struggle while removing the apps from the Kindle Fire and they find this task quite tricky and in the process, they are unable to remove them. By following steps that are mentioned below, you can easily remove them without having any content if the app, left behind:-
- In the first step, you have to turn on and then click on the ‘Unlock’ option on your Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Now, click and open the “Apps’ tab, that is visible on the Home screen of the device.
- In the step, you have to tap and then hold that specific app which you want to delete and then add the apps to ‘Favorites’ and then click on the “Remove from Device” option.
- By clicking on the “Remove from Device” option, you will still have the app installed.
- Now you have to tap and then hold the app once again.
- In this step, you have to select the “Delete from Cloud’ option from the list visible on –screen.
- Now, you have to verify that the app is removed from the Cloud on your Kindle Fire device.
- Wait for the removal process to complete.
The steps to remove and uninstall Amazon account from Kindle Fire have been already discussed above in the article. However, if you still face issues related to the same, you can contact the Customer Support, available on the Amazon official website.