Microsoft’s Windows 10 is the most recommended software which is widely used. However, many of you have your valid points to criticize the software. This happens mostly when you realize that the software is not apt for your usage.
Suppose, you are using a free upgrade offer and realize that the software is not suitable for your device or you have installed Windows 10 by mistake, then you will look for the solutions to uninstall windows 10.
Important: Before uninstalling, you have to make sure that you will be doing the necessary modifications to your system. It’s recommended having a complete backup of your system before you proceed to uninstall windows 10.
How can you Uninstall Windows 10?
The easiest way to uninstall Windows 10 is by using the recovery option. Whenever you upgrade your Windows OS to Windows 10 version, by availing the free upgrade offer, you are actually installing a trial version of Windows 10 on your device. Therefore, it means, when you upgrade to Windows 10, you will also get a copy of your old version. After 30 days, Windows 10 will automatically keep the latest version and will delete the old version to create more space in the hard drive. When you decide to upgrade, any folder you need will be located in the folders on the old version.
Important: Before you uninstall the software, make sure the folders you need, do exist.
Procedure to uninstall Windows 10
- Open the ‘Settings application’ by pressing ‘Windows key+I’.
- Now, click on the ‘Update and security’ option.
- Click on the ‘Recovery’ option.
- The windows will ask you, whether you want to go back to the old versions. If you want to get the old versions, then click on the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Now answer the questions on-screen related to the reason you want to go back.
- To proceed further, click ‘Next’.
- It will now ask you to install the updates, click on the ‘No, thanks’ option to proceed.
- Click on the ‘Next’ option to complete the uninstallation process.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete.
Note:- Keep in mind that if you uninstall Windows 10 from your device, then it will remove the applications and settings which are configured after you upgrade. In case, you need those settings and applications, then you have to install them again.
Suppose, you are unable to see the option to go back to the earlier version in the Settings, then you are either trying to uninstall Windows 10 immediately after the first month of upgrading or there is something else might be wrong with your device.
Microsoft’s Windows 10 has made our work easy but, sometimes, there is a need to uninstall the software due to certain issues. For a successful uninstallation process, the steps have been already discussed, in case you still face some issues in troubleshooting or have some queries related to the same, you can visit Microsoft’s official website.