Norton uses pop-up notifications to inform you while you are performing full system scans or live updates in the background. Special offer notifications, performance alerts, Norton utilities 16 popup, and intrusion prevention alerts are among some of the common pop-up notifications that you have to deal with. Although sometimes they prove to be useful, Norton pop-up notifications can also be an annoying form of distraction since you have to wait several seconds for them to completely disappear from your computer’s screen. Fortunately, Norton setup built-in options allow you to disable these annoying pop-up notifications at any time without much hassle.
Follow the steps given below in order to get rid of these popups:
- Start your computer and go to the search bar.
- Type “Norton AntiVirus” or “Norton 360” and tap “Enter” that will open Norton AntiVirus.
- Now, go to the the “Settings” tab, and click “General”.
- Tap on “Norton Tasks” side tab and click“Next”.
- Click on the green-colored bar that appears next to “Norton Task Notification” and turn it off.
- Tap “Other Settings” tab and click“Next”.
- Click on the green-colored bar that appears next to “Special Offer Notification” and turn it off also.
- Tap “Performance Monitoring” tab and click “Next”.
- Now, tap twice on the green-colored bar that appears next to “Performance Alerting” and disable it.
- Tap “Network” side tab and click “Next”.
- Now tap on the “Intrusion Prevention” side tab and then click “Notifications” and disable it also.
- Click “Apply settings” to finally disable Norton pop-ups.
- Tap on the “Close” button to exit from the Norton setup.
Disable these popups with the help of “Norton Task Notification”. It lets you hide or show the popups that appear when you run your Norton product on your device and certain programs start running in the background automatically such as Full System Scan, Automatic LiveUpdate, and Insight Optimizer.
By default, this option is enabled to let users have insight into latest Norton products and utilities as well as what is going in the background. You can easily disable this option if you do not want these popups to appear on your computer screen. Disabling Norton Task Notification option will not hamper in the scanning process of the Norton AntiVirus.
To disable the popups:
- Open your Norton product.
- Navigate to its “settings”.
- Go to “Administrative settings”.
- Open “Norton Task Notifications”.
- Uncheck the box that appears next to Norton Task Notification option.
- You can enable it again in case you change your mind.
It is important to keep a check on notifications and popups because once you click on it knowingly or unknowingly it may take you to an illegal or infected website. After buying and installing any product on your device, it is recommended to read its “terms and conditions” very carefully and then agree to it. Always keep a check on products default settings and make changes to it accordingly.